“Such solicitous care I have never had. Chairs pulled out for me, things picked up for me, milk offered me, an arm offered for high steps…At first it bothered me; now I think it rather a relief- sometimes very nice.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
With my first pregnancy I knew what week of pregnancy I was on. This time around I am barely keeping up with what month I’m on. I do have 3 apps on my iPhone to help me so every now and then I’ll log on and see how many weeks I am (33 weeks) and what size the baby is (a 17 inch pineapple says Baby Bump and I’m Expecting, and a 19 inch Honeydew melon says What to Expect Pregnancy). I’m always interested and slightly curious by all the fruit references.
Anyways, what surprised me yesterday was not the pineapple/melon reference, but the amount of days left until my due date … 50 days. Actually from today is 49 days.
With Z I went 11 days early so taking that into consideration, I could go 2 weeks early, which would mean 35 days left. Those aren’t many days at all! It is always slightly nervewracking with a due date as you don’t know when the day is. With Z I had a late night labor. With this baby I have no idea what time and what day she will be born.
Preparation wise, I already have clothes – Z’s hand-me-downs, and plan on buying diapers later closer to the date. I have crocheted a little new baby hat, but that’s about it. The below photo is taken by Amy Lauda, remember the photos I took for her? She did a great job taking some maternity photos for me; I love her photography style – check out her site here!
The other day someone asked me if was excited and preparing…I am excited, and trying to prepare, but if there was one thing I could do such as stock up on sleep, I would do that. Since I can’t, I’m just going to do what I normally do. I don’t feel like writing paragraphs, so when in doubt, write a list…
1. being pregnant in November – cool weather and I love fall clothes. I love my fall boots that I bought from Macy’s. Boots make me feel good, and it’s important to have something that makes you feel good!
2. Z is getting bigger which means more mature
3. Falling leaves makes me feel cozy – today Z and I went on a Leaf Walk today and collected some leaves.
4. Blogging – have to be in the right mood though!
5. Good Health
6. Hiccups (I love feeling baby hiccups)
7. Nesting (the urge to clean during pregnancy)is good as now my store room is organized and I’ve started to declutter a bit. I know I’m losing it when I spend a good chunk of time straightening out the granola bar boxes in the store room or packing up old plates to give away. I know when teaching 2nd grade, one day I walked into my classroom and saw my teacher’s closet and thought Yuck. The closet had to be clean and organized. Now. I proceeded to super organize it and was happy with the results. I normally am ok with clutter and whatnot (still am), but I know on the days I have nested, my house looks nice. However, then the next day I’ll wake up and thankfully the mess will not phase me and I will proceed like normal! I’m hoping I’ll have a few more cleaning days where I feel the urge to clean/organize, but at the moment I’m good!
8. Naps: I love afternoon naps when Z naps, so that is what I’m going to go do. I would say a nap a day keeps the doctor away, but at this point I’m going in to my OB doctor every 2 weeks (can’t believe these months have flown), but maybe a nap a day makes the doctor appointments go better!
“O People, if you should be in doubt about the Resurrection, then [consider that] indeed, We created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then from a clinging clot, and then from a lump of flesh, formed and unformed – that We may show you. And We settle in the wombs whom We will for a specified term, then We bring you out as a child, and then [We develop you] that you may reach your [time of] maturity. And among you is he who is taken in [early] death, and among you is he who is returned to the most decrepit [old] age so that he knows, after [once having] knowledge, nothing. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down upon it rain, it quivers and swells and grows [something] of every beautiful kind.” (Quran 22:05)
“To him [alone] is attributed knowledge of the Hour. And fruits emerge not from their coverings nor does a female conceive or give birth except with His knowledge. And the Day He will call to them, “Where are My ‘partners’?” they will say, “We announce to You that there is [no longer] among us any witness [to that].” (Quran 41:47).